The Minnetonka School District
proudly serves the communities of Minnetonka, Chanhassen, Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Excelsior, Greenwood, Shorewood, Tonka Bay, Victoria and Woodland. As one of Minnesota’s top achieving school districts, Minnetonka also attracts open enrollment/non-resident students from other west metro communities. More than 9,000 students engage in learning in our six elementary schools (K-5), two middle schools (6-8) and one high school (9-12). More than 500 pre-school children and their parents benefit from early childhood family education at Deephaven Education Center, which is home to many youth enrichments and community education programs.
The mission of the Minnetonka School District, a community that transcends traditional definitions of excellence and where dreams set sail, is to ensure all students envision and pursue their highest aspirations while serving the greater good, through teaching and learning which
- Value and nurture each individual
- Inspire in everyone a passion to excel in confidence and hope, and
- Instill expectations that stimulate extraordinary achievement in the classroom and in life.
In the Minnetonka School District, we believe that:
- An educated populace is integral to a democratic society
- Families have the primary responsibility to ensure the education of their children
- All adults are responsible for the care and welfare of all children
- All people deserve the opportunity to pursue their individual potential
- A person’s attitude is the most significant determinant of success
- Personal fulfillment comes from finding and pursuing one’s passion
- All people have fundamental, intrinsic worth
- The uniqueness of each individual enriches the community
- The dignity of each person is sacred
- All people need to love and be loved
- All people have a right to live and work in a safe environment
- All people have the right to express matters of conscience, in a respectful and responsible manner
- Open and sincere communication results in mutual understanding and commitment to purpose
- Integrity is essential to a meaningful relationship .