The Accounts Payable and Billing Associate is responsible for all aspects of the Accounts Payable process, to include review and processing of check requests, setting-up vendors, working to get all vendors on the ACH payment system in the Sage 100 accounting system, and reconciling payables to the financial statements each month. In addition, the Accounts Payable and Billing Associate will be assigned certain billing duties, as noted below.
: Vice President of Finance & Administration
: CLUES St. Paul, MN Office
: Full-Time. Generally Monday-Friday office hours
: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
: Full benefits package available in accordance with current CLUES policies—includes: medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, and life insurance (with AD&D); long term and short-term disability; pre-paid legal services and ID theft protection; retirement plan; educational assistance; paid holidays; and paid time off .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all the data input, vendor payment (check or ACH payment) and oversight involving the accounts payable process.
- Ensure check requests are properly prepared and approved, to include receipts or other supporting documentation.
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and employee expense reports. Accounts Payable payments are made on a weekly basis (Fridays). Maintain accurate records and reconciliation reports.
- Manage the accounts payable activities, such as sending follow-up inquiries for receipts and backup, to insure the accurate payment of invoices and other related bills. Secure W-9 forms for all existing and new vendors.
- Oversee the accounts payable subsidiary ledger to insure that duplicate vendors are eliminated.
- Electronically process the year-end Miscellaneous 1099 Forms.
- Assist Accountant II with the accumulation of information for the year-end audit.
- Support VP of Finance & Administration with 3rd party billing function (billing, collections & training of staff internally). Provide support for 3rd party billing processes whether handled internally or externally (outsourced).
- Perform other billing tasks as needed.
- Provide back-up support for grants billing process as needed.
- Promote the mission, operating values, and agency services of CLUES within the community.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, agency policies and other applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience & Key Abilities*
- This position does not supervise any staff.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or two years experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must be highly proficient with computer technology and knowledgeable in basic computer trouble-shooting.
- Must be well organized and capable of multi-tasking efficiently.
- Effective communication in English, both verbally and in writing, required.
- Proficient working knowledge of email software, the Internet, databases, and common Windows-based programs, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with accounting software (Sage 100) and billing software related to client and insurance billing (Procentive) preferred.
- Must be willing to attend training to advance technical skills and maintain appropriate skill levels to perform job duties.
- Must pass a criminal background check. As a condition of continued employment, staff person may be required to submit to periodic re-verification of these background checks.