Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio (CLUES) is a non-profit leader in behavioral health and human services. The agency was founded in 1981 with a vision for improving the quality of life of the Latino population in Minnesota. Today, CLUES is Minnesota’s largest Latino agency. Our mission is to advance the capacity of Latino families to be healthy, prosperous, and engaged in their communities. Although our services focus on the Latino family, our experience and capabilities enable us to serve individuals and families from all walks of life including new immigrants and low-income families who dream of a better future. By focusing our efforts in the areas of Health and Family Well-being, Economic Vitality, Educational Achievement, and Civic and Cultural Engagement, our programs are designed to empower Latinos and immigrants by meeting them where they are, harnessing their strengths, and honing their skills. CLUES employs a diverse, multi-cultural staff to ensure our services are linguistically and culturally relevant.
Provides receptionist support to a main office, including welcoming and directing clients, answering phones, data entry, and clerical support. Represents the agency as the first point of contact for all clients and visitors. Uses high level customer service skills, bilingual ability in Spanish and English, and cultural sensitivity to direct clients, visitors, and staff to appropriate resources in the agency. In addition, supports and reports to the Manager of Client Coordinated Care.
: Coordinated Care Services
: Manager of Client Coordinated Care
: CLUES Minneapolis Office
: Full-Time. 10:45am - 7:15pm Mondays – Thursdays, 8:45am - 5:15pm Fridays depending on business needs.
: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
: Full benefits package available in accordance with current CLUES policies—includes: medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, and life insurance (with AD&D); long term and short-term disability; pre-paid legal services and ID theft protection; retirement plan; educational assistance; paid holidays; and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees reception area while performing receptionist duties in English and Spanish, including but not limited to: welcoming and directing clients, checking-in clients and visitors for appointments, answering phones, data entry, and clerical support. Maintains organized and clean reception and client waiting area.
- Provides information and referral services to callers and walk-in clients. Makes appropriate referrals within CLUES and external to community organizations/resources. Is familiar with and knowledgeable of CLUES services and other regularly utilized referral sources.
- Assists with the translation of client’s official documents, including but not limited to birth certificates and marriage certificates.
- Maintains flow of incoming and outgoing correspondence. Receives, dates and distributes incoming correspondence on a daily basis. Prepares outgoing correspondence on a daily basis.
- Conducts office opening and closing procedures applicable to the shift assigned in order to ensure the office is ready for business open or close, including locking or unlocking doors and securing gates, etc. as required.
- Provides client data entry support for departments as directed.
- Assists the Manager of Client Coordinated Care with daily office activities.
- Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, agency policies and other applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards.
- Promotes the mission, operating values, and agency services of CLUES within the community.
- Carries out all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Associates degree (A.A.) from a community college or vocational school or equivalent with at least 1 year of experience providing general administrative support.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English and cultural sensitivity and awareness required.
- Effective communication in English and Spanish, both verbally and in writing, required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and customer service skills.
- Proficient working knowledge of email software, the Internet, databases, and common Windows-based programs, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Must be organized, have the ability to work under pressure and stress, have attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and proactive problem solver.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced in accessing community resources that can serve client needs preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check and may be required to pass a FBI Fingerprint Check according to NSCHC standards. As a condition of continued employment, staff person may be required to submit to and pass these background checks, including resubmission and reverification of passing these background check requirements.
- Uphold CLUES’ mission, vision and guiding values
- Demonstrate authentic leadership
- Exemplify dignity and respect
- Engender trust and work collaboratively
- Effectively build interpersonal relationships
- Communicate honestly and effectively
- Drive for results
- Act innovatively and embrace change