Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio (CLUES) is a non-profit leader in behavioral health and human services. The agency was founded in 1981 with a vision for improving the quality of life of the Latino population in Minnesota. Today, CLUES is Minnesota’s largest Latino agency. Our mission is to advance the capacity of Latino families to be healthy, prosperous, and engaged in their communities. Although our services focus on the Latino family, our experience and capabilities enable us to serve individuals and families from all walks of life including new immigrants and low-income families who dream of a better future. By focusing our efforts in the areas of Health and Family Well-being, Economic Vitality, Educational Achievement, and Civic and Cultural Engagement, our programs are designed to empower Latinos and immigrants by meeting them where they are, harnessing their strengths, and honing their skills. CLUES employs a diverse, multi-cultural staff to ensure our services are linguistically and culturally relevant.
The CLUES Teen Tech Center, established with the support of the Best Buy Clubhouse Network, offers young people (ages 10 to 18) the opportunity to work on projects they find meaningful to their lives, using computers and technology. In the Center, youth can design their own music, art, newsletters, robots, science simulations, computer games, animation, and much more.
The Teen Tech Center Coordinator will be responsible for the daily support and operation of the Center at the CLUES Saint Paul location. Core responsibilities include, among other duties, recruiting and supporting participants and volunteers, supporting youth in their project development, daily coordination and maintenance of the Center, as well as some administrative and reporting duties.
Educational Enrichment Services
Associate Director of Educational Enrichment
CLUES St. Paul, MN Office
Full-Time. Weekday afternoons/evenings and weekend mornings/afternoons.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Full benefits package available in accordance with current CLUES policies—includes: medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, and life insurance (with AD&D); long term and short-term disability; pre-paid legal services and ID theft protection; retirement plan; educational assistance; paid holidays; and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this description at any time without advance notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist and guide youth engaging with the Teen Tech Center as they design, plan, develop and complete creative projects utilizing the technology available at the Teen Tech Center. (eg: come up with ideas, make a project plan, gather materials, learn how to use technology, locate volunteer mentors to assist with projects as needed, support ongoing projects.)
- Recruit and engage youth, ages 10-18, with the Teen Tech Center program at CLUES.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers and volunteer mentors to work with youth on projects as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the Clubhouse program, including keeping records of participants and keeping the Tech Center space organized.
- Provide basic computer maintenance, including file management, trouble-shooting, and technical support to Teen Tech Center youth and mentors.
- Support other programs and activities at CLUES with Teen Tech Center expertise and resources.
- Represent CLUES in The Best Buy Clubhouse Network, attending Network meetings, sharing ideas and issues, and supporting collaborative projects across sites.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, agency policies and other applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards.
- Promote the mission, operating values, and agency services of CLUES within the community.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities of employees but will supervise volunteers of the CLUES Teen Tech Center (such as technology mentors, interns, etc.).
Education, Experience & Key Abilities*
*Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- High School Diploma or GED Required. Bachelor’s degree in youth development/education or technology/media related field preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English with cultural awareness and sensitivity required.
- A minimum of 1+ years of experience working with Latinx youth in an informal learning environment and/or community center setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with computers, graphic design and animation, film, sound/music production, and/or robotics and an interest in utilizing technology as a creative and empowering tool.
- Interpersonal skills, including an ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and a talent for making people feel welcome and included.
- A passion for learning and helping others to learn.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a schedule working weekday afternoons/evenings and weekend mornings/afternoons required.
- Effective communication in English and Spanish, both verbally and in writing, required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written materials, including reports, contracts, and proposals.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and information in an organized and effective manner, including writing reports.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and respond appropriately to questions from clients, co-workers, management and external parties.
- Proficient working knowledge of email software, the Internet, databases, and common Windows-based programs, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Must be willing to attend training to advance technical skills and maintain appropriate skill levels to perform job duties.
- Must pass a criminal background check. As a condition of continued employment, staff person may be required to submit to periodic re-verification of these background checks.
- Generally presents standard office environment. Must be able to use telephone and computer on a regular basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.